Biocraft Ltd. is a leading specialist building contractor providing dampness, timber and basement waterproofing services for commercial, social housing and domestic clients throughout Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire and Surrey.
We offer specialist damp proofing, timber treatment and structural waterproofing works are covered by long term guarantees and these can also be protected by an insured guarantee from Guarantee Protection Insurance Ltd (GPI); GPI insurance is the only true insurance available for remedial works.
Biocraft are full members of the Property Care Association (PCA), the Federation of Master Builders (FMB), the Basement Waterproofing Association (BWA) and Constructionline, (UK register of pre-qualified construction services). We are accredited through Acclaim (SSIP) and Citation for our health and safety systems. We are Trustmark (government endorsed standards) approved.
Biocraft are approved contractors for Isola Platon (Cavity drainage membrane), Triton Chemicals (Chemical dpc products and cementitious tanking), Nuaire & Vectaire (Ventilation products). As approved contractors we have access to supplier technical back up and laboratory facilities.
Project specifications and surveys are carried out by surveyors who are qualified to a minimum of CSRT (Certificated Surveyor in Remedial Treatments) and CSSW (Certificated Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing).
Biocraft work with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) and the Thames Valley Construction Training Association (TVCTA) to ensure all staff are fully trained. All operatives and tradesmen are Construction Skill Certification Scheme (CSCS) card holders or are working towards a CSCS card. Biocraft is committed to continuous development and training and currently employs three apprentices.
Biocraft carries employer (£10m) and third party (£5m) insurance in addition to professional liability and full building contracts insurance.
Biocraft have carried out construction projects for a range of clients on commercial and domestic properties. Clients include The Environment Agency, The Crown Estate, Vodafone, Feltham Construction, Knightbuild, Beard, HSBC, Malmaison Hotels, Reading Borough Council, West Berkshire Council, Wokingham Borough Council, Bracknell Forest Homes and South Oxfordshire Housing Association.
For more information please visit www.biocraft.co.uk or call 01189 451144.
109 School Road, Reading RG31 5BH
Specialist Remedial Services
Biocraft carries out the following specialist services;
Specialist Damp & Timber surveys
- Invasive and non-invasive damp surveys
- Timber surveys
- Condensation control surveys
- Water leak detection surveys
Basement Conversions and Waterproofing
- Cavity drain membrane systems (Isola Platon system)
- Tanking (Cementitious and multi coat render)
- Basement Conversions including all works from ground works to final fit out.
- Chemical damp proof course installation and retro fit of physical damp proof course insertion together with remedial re-plastering
- Damp proof floor membranes
Timber Treatment and Wood Preservation
- Woodworm treatment
- Dry rot remediation and masonry sterilisation
- Low disturbance repairs to structural timbers
- Extract fans (Nuaire, Vectaire and Vent Axia)
- Positive input ventilation units
- Single room or whole home air heat exchangers (MVHR)
- Thermal lining (PIR dry lining and Sempatap)
- Mould cleaning and sterilisation
- Fan servicing and filter exchange
Flood and leak restoration works
- Building drying works and repairs