Biocraft carry out specialist damp surveys for residential and commercial properties throughout Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire and Surrey. We cover Reading, Newbury, Maidenhead, Bracknell, Windsor, Ascot, Oxford, Basingstoke and the surrounding areas.
All Biocraft damp surveyors and timber surveyors are Certificated Surveyors in Remedial Treatment (CSRT) and Certificated Surveyors in Structural Waterproofing (CSSW).
What do damp surveys involve?
Depending on the client instructions, a Biocraft damp surveyor will examine your property internally and externally. We will assess the condition of the building and to identify defects that could lead to water ingress and damp conditions.
Our damp surveyors use observations and experience together with a range of electrical moisture meters to carry out the following:
- Wall profiling
- Measuring the moisture content of timber
- On-site moisture content readings using carbide moisture meters
- If required, sampling of wall materials for laboratory quantitative moisture measurement
- Equilibrium relative humidity (ERH) boxes are used for measuring moisture in solid floors
- We can also install data loggers to measure temperature, relative humidity and dew points in properties that suffer for severe condensation, dampness and mould growth
The damp survey will determine the nature and cause of the damp as well as the extent of any areas that require repair or remediation works. Occasionally it will be necessary to carry out further damp survey investigations, especially if we determine that the source of the dampness is related to a concealed leak in a water pipe.
Your written report will be available electronically. The report will be emailed directly to you upon completion.
Following the specialist damp survey, should you wish to proceed with the recommended damp proofing or related damp works, it will be scheduled to start at a time convenient for you. Work will be completed under the supervision of your appointed project supervisor who will be responsible for the project until completion.
Get in touch with us
For further information get in touch with Biocraft: