Cost of damp proofing
The cost of chemical injection damp proofing comprises of several elements
- Survey and quotation
- Site set up and preparation
- Protective materials (corex, plastic sheeting)
- Removal of radiators and pipe work
- Removal and isolation of electrical sockets
- Removal of skirting boards and architraves
- Removal of plaster work to required height ~1200mm
- Inject chemical DPC
- Prepare wall for replastering, rake down joints
- Base coat replastering
- Skim Plastering
- Refit skirting boards, radiators and electrical items
Typical cost of the above damp proofing works
1-5m £500 – £1000
5-20m £1000 – £2500
20m+ £100 – 120/m2
Things to make sure are included
- Cost of any and all preparation works, including removal of radiators, skirting and sockets.
- Dust sheeting and floor protection.
- Increased thickness of plaster.
- Removal and disposal of waste.
- Works carried out by trained, qualified and CRB checked staff.
- Refitting of skirting boards and electrics.
These items are regularly omitted by some companies to reduce the quotation, only to be added on as the job progresses.
It is important that the source of dampness is correctly diagnosed, as in most cases if dampness a chemical damp proof course is not required. All works should be carried out by a technician that is fully trained in installation of chemical DPC and all health and safety aspects such as asbestos awareness and manual handling. They should have a construction skill certificate card (CSCS) and the company should have employer, third party, professional indemnity and contractor’s insurance.
Biocraft is a full member of the PCA (Property Care Association), FMB (Federation of Master Builders) and BWA (Basement Waterproofing Association). We are registered with Constructionline and CITB. We carry £10 million employer insurance, £5 million third party and professional indemnity and contractors all risk insurance.
Should you require specialist damp proofing advice, please contact Biocraft LTD on 01189451144 or email [email protected]. Biocraft offers specialist damp proofing and damp control services through Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and Oxford.